Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Knits in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

I've been collecting pictures of knits (and crocheted pieces) in the newest Harry Potter movie. I thought perhaps these photos would be helpful to others, so I'm listing them here. If you have links to add or find knits I've missed, please leave a comment and I will add them! I've skipped a couple of the super tiny stitches, plain knit cardigans and such. They're obviously machine knit and I don't feel there's enough really spectacular or unique about them to include them in the list.

Hermione's Hat & Fair Isle Scarf (my attempts at patterns: hat and scarf): 1, 2, 3, 4,

Ron's Brown Striped Hat and Fair Isle Sweater: 1,

Quidditch Sweaters: 1, 2, 3,

Luna's Furry Sweater: 1,

Neville's Fair Isle Vest & Hermione's Fair Isle Cardigan: 1,

Hermione's Gray Tailored Cardigan: 1,

Ron's Striped Cardigan: 1, (There's got to be a better pic out there than this!)

I'm also fairly certain that Lupin, Tonks, and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were wearing some nice knits as well, but I couldn't find any decent screen shots. Perhaps when the DVD comes out, it will be easier to grab those images.

10 comments:

Pandora said...

You are awsome for compiling these!

Chantal Boucher said...

I had the impression that Hermione's Hat was more like a square at the top ... no?

Unknown said...

Do you happen to have, or know where to get a pattern for Ron's striped cardigan? I've been looking with no luck.

J said...

Chantal, good question! Looked to me (in my single viewing) like a single seam across the top. I plan to go again with my mother this week, so I'll look again! Thanks for the suggestion.

J said...

Andrea - no, not yet! I will certainly add links if I do. If i could get a better picture, I might be able to find a pattern with a similar shape and then just work up a stripe pattern. It appears to be a fairly basic cardigan.

Anonymous said...

Hermione's hat is square at the top. I found a pattern that was created before the movie came out and it was round on top. When I went to see the movie, it was to my dismay that the hat was square.

bailey21975 said...

I'm hunting for Ron's striped cardigan, too, if anyone locates it.

Anonymous said...

Do you know a place where you can find the pattern Hermione's gray tailored sweater?

J said...

Re: Hermione's Tailored Sweater: I sure don't. It appears to be a finely-knit machine-knit. It's not one I plan to tackle. If I find one, I'll surely post it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! I love Lunas furry sweater it look just like the sort of thing only Luna could wear!